School History

Veryan school was built in 1872, on the site of an earlier school built by the Revd Jeremiah Trist, the parish vicar and considerable landowner, as a place ‘to educate the children of the parish’, a task which has been carried out continuously for the last 200 years. It is situated in the heart of the village of Veryan, an ‘Area of Outstanding Beauty’ and a ‘Conservation Area’.
The school celebrated it’s 200th Anniversary of the school on it’s present site in October 2014. Former pupils Mrs Benney and Mrs Ford who were 100 and 99 years old at the Open Day were amongst those welcomed back to visit the school and share memorabilia and photographs.